MVD Visual and Wienerworld are pleased to announce the release of The Beatles – Rare And Unseen: Unofficial Account Of The Biggest Band In The World for North American distribution on July 14, 2009.
The Beatles: Rare And Unseen – Cover ArtThis is an all new documentary special tells the true story of The Beatles from humble beginnings in Liverpool, to the break-up of the biggest band in the world. Their story is told for the very first time using original rare film and video of the band, including home-movies, concert footage, newsreels and photographs from private collections.
There are also interviews with those who surrounded the band, and those who were there from the very start. Also included is an exclusive interview with fan and star in his own right, Phil Collins. This documentary is an honest account of what really happened.
For the first time we can see The Beatles relaxed, at play, on and off stage, on film, and is a rare glimpse inside the lives of the most famous band in the world. With additional contributions from: Phil Collins, Steve Harley, Norman Hurricane Smith, Colin Hanton (their first drummer), Sam Leach (tour manager), Tony Barrow (press officer 1962-1968), Tony Bramwell (friend and roadie), Ken Dodd, Tony Booth, Gerry Marsden, Len Goodman, and Sylvie Varten.
* Earliest known footage of the Beatles on stage in Liverpool February 1962.
* Only existing film on tour in Scotland – Caird Hall, Dundee October 1964.
* Bahamas, February 1965 during the filming of Help!
* September 1967 in Newquay whilst filming Magical Mystery Tour.
* Home movie footage from Paris Olympia Theatre Januar y1964
* Highlights of interview with John Lennon recorded in New York for French TV.